DescriptionPlentiful water and abundant fish and game attracted the first settlers to the region in 1881. By 1892 the name of the community itself was changed from Dog Creek to Stony Plain. The Stony Plain of today is an agricultural community.
Murals depicting historical remembrances, events and pioneers prominent in the early settlement of Stony Plain have been painted by local artists on 26 buildings in town. Memories of an early 1900s Christmas from a child's point of view are the basis for one mural, while another shows the multiculturalism of the area's early residents. The Heritage Walk Murals can be seen on a walking tour.
InfoOfficeStony Plain Visitor Information Centre 4815 44th Ave. Stony Plain, AB T7Z 1V5. Phone:(780)963-4545
Attraction PlaceHoldersMulticultural Heritage Centre and Oppertshauser House