Richards DAR House, 256 N. Joachim St. in De Tonti Sq., is a restored townhouse built in 1860 by Charles G. Richards, a steamboat captain. The Italianate house features iron-lace trim and lavish early Victorian and Empire furnishings. A formal garden is on the grounds.
Guided tours are available. Time: Allow 30 minutes minimum.
Mon.-Fri. 11-3:30, Sat. 10-4, Sun. 1-4. Last tour begins at 3. Closed Jan. 1, weekend before Mardi Gras, Easter, July 4, Thanksgiving, day after Thanksgiving, Dec. 23, Christmas Eve, Christmas, day after Christmas and Dec. 31.
Ratings and Reviews are the subjective opinion of individual consumers, travel agents or travel counselors and not the opinion of the American Automobile Association ”AAA” or AAA Clubs. Neither AAA nor AAA Clubs shall be held liable for any damages resulting from display or use of these ratings or reviews.