Site of Historic Fort Condé, 150 S. Royal St. at jct. Church St., is a re-created fort that is a four-fifths-scale model of its 1702 appearance. It once was occupied successively by French, English and Spanish troops. A museum displays artifacts recovered from on-site archeological excavations. Exhibit rooms contain equipment once necessary for the fort's operation. Fort Condé also is the official welcome center for the city of Mobile.
Guided tours are available. Time: Allow 1 hour minimum.