AAA Editor Notes
Old State House Museum is at 300 W. Markham at Center St. One of the finest examples of Greek Revival architecture in the South, the building includes chambers once used by the state legislature and Supreme Court. Designed by Gideon Shryock, it was begun in 1833 and completed in 1842; additions were made in 1885. When Arkansas became a state in 1836, the building served as the capitol until 1911. Displayed are items of state historical interest. Temporary exhibits also are offered.