Point Cabrillo Light Station State Historic Park is 2 mi. n. on SR 1, then 1.3 mi. n. on Point Cabrillo Dr., following signs. On the grounds of this 300-acre park are eight restored buildings and 3.5 miles of hiking trails. The lighthouse, a half-mile walk from the parking lot, dates from 1909 and has an original Third Order Fresnel lens. An exhibit chronicles the 1850 shipwreck of the San Francisco-bound Frolic. One of the restored lightkeeper's homes is now a museum; two additional restored houses and two utility buildings repurposed as cottages function as vacation rentals.