AAA Editor Notes
Mission San Antonio de Pala, 3015 Pala Mission Rd., was originally a branch of Mission San Luis Rey. The first building, the granary, was built in 1810; the mission itself was built in 1816. Planned as part of a second chain of inland missions, it fell into disrepair during the period of secularization. The mission since has been restored and includes a museum, gardens and chapel.