AAA Editor Notes
Palisado Green is on Palisado Ave. (SR 159). The green occupies part of the site of the old stockade built during the 1637 Pequot War. The Founders Monument lists the English settlers who disembarked from the Mary and John in 1630. Also on the grounds is a statue of John Mason, one of Windsor's original founders. Adjacent is the Palisado Cemetery at Palisado Avenue and North Meadow Road, which contains tombstones dating from the 1600s.