This restaurant originally opened in 1912, operated until 1972, then reopened its doors in 1986. Through extensive research they were able to recover most of the original photographs from the endless list of politicians and other celebrities who have dined here. More than 3,000 pictures of many of the more notable diners are displayed in the upstairs and downstairs dining rooms. The fare is contemporary American cuisine with a nice fish selection, as well as grilled meats. The menu offers salad and sandwiches to full meals. The staff is friendly and professional.