AAA/Elizabeth Fernandez
AAA Editor Notes
Mission of Nombre de Dios is at 27 Ocean Ave., 5 blks. n. of the city gate on San Marco Ave. Pedro Menéndez de Avilés landed here Sept. 8, 1565, and established the first permanent community. A 208-foot stainless-steel cross marks the site of the founding of St. Augustine. The Shrine of Our Lady of La Leche and Mission Nombre de Dios Museum, which houses Menéndez's casket and exhibits, are on the grounds.

Time: Allow 1 hour minimum.

Admission
Donations.
Hours
Mon.-Sat. 9-5, Sun. noon-4. Museum Mon.-Sat. 9-4, Sun. noon-4. Phone ahead to confirm schedule.
Map
Get Directions
Hotel
Hotel Name
1234 Street Address City, State 00000
AAA Inspector Rating
More Hotels in St. Augustine, FL
Restaurant
AAA Inspector Rating
More Restaurants in St. Augustine, FL
AAA Members
Ratings and Reviews are the subjective opinion of individual consumers, travel agents or travel counselors and not the opinion of the American Automobile Association ”AAA” or AAA Clubs. Neither AAA nor AAA Clubs shall be held liable for any damages resulting from display or use of these ratings or reviews.