Peña-Peck House, 143 St. George St., was built in the 1750s of native coquina stone. Originally the home of Spanish Royal Treasurer Juan Estevan de Peña, it became the home of British government in North America south of Canada after the Revolutionary War until 1785. Dr. Seth Peck bought the property in 1837. Displays include early Spanish artifacts and Peck family furnishings from the 18th century. Much of the original artwork has been restored; the kitchen has been staged to appear as it did in 1840.
Guided tours are available. Time: Allow 30 minutes minimum.