AAA Editor Notes
Government Palace (Palacio de Gobierno) is on Paseo de la Presa near the La Olla Dam. It stands on the site of the old house of the Marqués of San Clemente. The original building was destroyed by a flood; the present structure was completed in 1903. It evokes a European elegance, enhanced by the use of Guanajuato green sandstone.