AAA Editor Notes
Loyola at Cuneo Mansion and Gardens is at 1350 N. Milwaukee Ave. Originally built in 1914 for utilities giant Samuel Insull, printing magnate John Cuneo purchased the 32-room, pink stucco Venetian-style mansion in 1937. Highlights include a chapel with stained-glass windows, a porcelain gallery, a 30-foot-high great hall with arcaded balconies, frescoed ceilings, a gilt grand piano and 17th-century tapestries. Ninety-seven acres of landscaped grounds include lakes and antique statuary.