AAA Editor Notes
Cathedral of the Assumption of Our Lady faces Av. Fray Antonio Alcalde. Begun in 1561, it was consecrated in 1618. Its twin 200-foot towers were erected in 1848 after an earthquake destroyed the original, much shorter structures. Emblazoned with yellow and blue tiles, they are a city landmark. Inside are three cavernous naves and 11 elegantly appointed altars, a gift from King Ferdinand VII of Spain. A lovely sculpture, “Our Lady of the Roses,” was given to the city by the 16th-century Spanish king Carlos V. The priceless painting “The Assumption of the Virgin” in the sacristy is thought to be by Bartolomé Murillo.

Map
Get Directions
Hotel
Hotel Name
1234 Street Address City, State 00000
AAA Inspector Rating
More Hotels in Guadalajara, JA
Restaurant
AAA Inspector Rating
More Restaurants in Guadalajara, JA
AAA Members
Ratings and Reviews are the subjective opinion of individual consumers, travel agents or travel counselors and not the opinion of the American Automobile Association ”AAA” or AAA Clubs. Neither AAA nor AAA Clubs shall be held liable for any damages resulting from display or use of these ratings or reviews.