Edwards County Historical Museum, jct. US 50 and US 56, features a sod house that includes an explanation of its construction, an 1884 church and blacksmith shop. The “soddy” is furnished with period items. On display are settlers’ toys, quilts and clothing as well as Santa Fe Trail memorabilia, including photographs and oxen yokes. Other exhibits feature horse-drawn machinery and an early fire engine. A full-size mural on the outside of the building portrays area history.