AAA Editor Notes
Plimoth Grist Mill is at 6 Spring Ln. and part of Plimoth Patuxet. This 1970 mill is a reproduction of the water-powered corn-grinding mill built by the Pilgrims in 1636 on Town Brook. The mill replaced their labor-intensive process of grinding corn by hand in wooden mortars, which they had been using for more than a decade. The reproduction was built using many parts salvaged from an early 1800s mill near Philadelphia.