Edna G Tugboat is docked at Agate Bay; from SR 61 proceed s. on 6th St. to Waterfront Dr., following signs. Built in 1896 by the Cleveland Ship Building Co., the Edna G held up to 70 tons of coal and served the port of Two Harbors for more than 84 years. It was designated a National Historic Site in 1974 as the only steam-powered tug operating on the Great Lakes.
Forty five-minute guided tours visit the crew's and captain's quarters, the pilot house, boiler room, galley and water cannon. Steep stairs must be climbed to reach the crew's quarters. Picnicking is permitted in an adjacent park.
Note: Tours of the tugboat have been suspended due to restoration work but may resume in 2017; phone ahead for the latest updated information.
Guided tours are available. Time: Allow 1 hour minimum.