Fairfield House and Park, on Hwy. 33 at Loyalist Pkwy., is a 1793 house built by Loyalist refugee William Fairfield. The New England-style house was donated to the province of Ontario in 1959 for preservation as a historic site; its 1984 opening was attended by Queen Elizabeth II. The galleried second-floor veranda provides a view of Amherst Island across the St. Lawrence.
Swimming is permitted.
Guided tours are available. Picnicking is permitted. Time: Allow 30 minutes minimum.