Germantown White House (formerly Deshler-Morris House) is at 5442 Germantown Ave. Affiliated with Independence National Historical Park, this is where George Washington spent the fall of 1793 to escape Philadelphia's yellow fever epidemic. Though he was away from the capital, he continued his duties as president, including holding four cabinet meetings in the residence. In the summer of 1794 he returned with his family. The restored 1752 house is furnished in period.