National Museum of Fine Arts of Québec (Musée national des beaux-arts du Québec), at 179 Grande Allée Ouest in Battlefields Park, has four pavilions, each with its own distinctive architecture. The latest, the Pierre Lassonde Pavilion, has doubled the exhibition space, added an auditorium and a riverside terrace, and given the museum an impressive lobby on Grand Allée. The central pavilion, which features further large expanses of glass, connects the original 1933 Gérard-Morisset building and the 1867 Charles-Baillairgé building.
The museum chronicles Québec’s art from the 17th century to the present and contains more than 38,000 works, including paintings, drawings, photographs, prints, sculptures and ceramics as well as articles fashioned of gold and silver. Features include traveling exhibitions, music recitals and films.