AAA Editor Notes
Middleton Place House, on Middleton Place Plantation at 4300 Ashley River Rd., was built in 1755. The house originally served as a guest wing and plantation office, then became the Middleton family residence when the main house burned during the Civil War. It contains family furniture, paintings, books and silver. A silk copy of the Declaration of Independence was found among the personal mementos of Henry Middleton's son Arthur, a signer of the document.
Interior photography is not permitted.
Guided tours are available. Time: Allow 45 minutes minimum.