Custer County 1881 Courthouse Museum is at 411 Mount Rushmore Rd. The building, constructed 8 years before South Dakota became a state, served as the county courthouse until 1973.
Displays include Native American artifacts, photographs from Lt. Col. George Armstrong Custer’s 1874 expedition, gold mining, ranching and industry, the original 1881 courtroom and jail, weapons of the Old West, an antique stagecoach, wagons and the 1875 Dr. Flick cabin.
Ratings and Reviews are the subjective opinion of individual consumers, travel agents or travel counselors and not the opinion of the American Automobile Association ”AAA” or AAA Clubs. Neither AAA nor AAA Clubs shall be held liable for any damages resulting from display or use of these ratings or reviews.