Little River Railroad and Lumber Company Museum is at 7747 E. Lamar Alexander Pkwy. (US 321). The museum depicts the growth of Townsend and the history of the 100-year-old Little River Railroad and Lumber Co. Before ceasing operations in 1939, the company reportedly was one of the largest commercial logging operations in southern Appalachia, constructing more than 150 miles of railroads in the Smoky Mountains and sawing some 500 million board feet of timber.
On the grounds is an original setoff house, a wooden water tank, a log loader, a Shay vintage caboose, two flatcars and a Frick steam engine.
Ratings and Reviews are the subjective opinion of individual consumers, travel agents or travel counselors and not the opinion of the American Automobile Association ”AAA” or AAA Clubs. Neither AAA nor AAA Clubs shall be held liable for any damages resulting from display or use of these ratings or reviews.