When cruising to Jamaica, you’ll likely visit one of three cruise ports on the north side of the island: Montego Bay, Falmouth or Ocho Rios. The three ports are within a 2-hour drive of each other, and all provide easy access to Jamaica’s top activities.
Said to be the tourist capital of Jamaica, Montego Bay on the northwest coast is one of the most visited areas on the island.
Cruisers often put the following activities on their Montego Bay excursions list:
• Take a dip at Doctor’s Cave Beach, where the water is said to have healing powers
• Tour the Rose Hall Great House to learn about its storied past
• Get a day pass to an all-inclusive resort
• Go whitewater tubing or kayaking on a fast-moving river
Just 20 miles east of Montego Bay is the historic Falmouth cruise port. Here are a few things cruisers in Falmouth may want to do:
• Horseback ride along the beach
• Raft on the Martha Brae River
• Take a walking tour to see 19th-century Georgian architecture
About 40 miles east of Falmouth is the Ocho Rios cruise terminal, which boasts an ideal central location on the north coast, making day trips and excursions into the interior more manageable.
Here are popular activities for cruisers in Ocho Rios:
• Visit the Bob Marley Museum and learn about the history of reggae music
• Go climbing or ziplining at Dunn’s River Falls
• Float down the White River on an inner tube or bamboo raft
• See an underground lake inside the Green Grotto Caves
Best for: Adventurous couples and families