DescriptionCarlton traces its beginnings to 1872, when the Oregon Central Railroad established a station here and named it for the pioneer Wilson Carl, who helped establish the stop. A prosperous community arose, featuring wide streets, comfortable Victorian homes and a substantial business district. Many of these buildings have been well-preserved and today house wineries and tasting rooms as well as antique shops, boutiques and cafés. The hills to the east, north, and west of town form the Yamhill-Carlton District appellation, which specializes in Pinot Noir wines.
Things to SeeEquestrian Wine Tours