DescriptionPincher Creek was established in 1878 by the North West Mounted Police as a horse farm to provide remounts for Fort Macleod. The town was named for a pair of pincers that presumably were left behind by prospectors. After hearing that the area had ample grassland, other settlers soon arrived.
InfoOfficePincher Creek Visitor Information Centre 1037 Bev McLachlin Dr. PINCHER CREEK, AB T0K 1W0. Phone:(403)627-3684
Attraction PlaceHoldersKootenai Brown Pioneer Village
SkiingCastle Mountain Resort