• Head the Gorges Mystérieuses in Trient, which can be found on the way to Chamonix. Your family will discover the gorge’s secrets – unique rock formations, a “fairy grotto”, rushing waterfalls, and other natural phenomena. With low skill requirements and amazing beauty to behold, this is the perfect hike for families.
Aletsch Arena Cable Car Ride
• Available in both summer and winter, a cable car ride up the stunning and renowned mountains of the Aletsch Arena cannot be missed. The cable cars bring you more than 9,000 feet above sea level, providing family members of all ages the most accessible way to take in view the massive and simply awesome Aletsch Glacier.Switzerland Tourism / Markus Thoenen
Switzerland Tourism/Markus Thoenen
UNESCO Biosphere Entlebuch
• Touch. Taste. Smell. Often called the “Wild West” of the Lucerne region, Entlebuch’s natural diversity and beauty has been preserved in an area called the biosphere. Your family will be able to learn about this reservation and sustainability up close and personal.
• Visit Savoignin to take a special tour that teaches all about the life and culture of the people of the Alps. Learn how cows are kept and why animals on the farm wear bells. Experience farm life firsthand while on a mountain peak with breathtaking views of the Alps from high up.
Wild Animal Watch
• The animal lovers in your family are in for an experience they will never forget! You’ll travel with a knowledgeable guide, who’s expertise is necessary to seeing the antelopes, marmots and ibexes of Switzerland. Embark on a morning journey into the forest in Grächen to find wildlife, and then enjoy a delicious mountainside breakfast.
Night Guard Tour of Zurich
• What was Zurich like in the days of old? Learn about this city through the stories of a “night guard” historic interpreter. You’ll learn of the fires, judgments, plagues and even “witches” he has worked through as a loyal guard of the city.
Chocolate Tour of Basel
• If there is one thing Switzerland is known for, it’s chocolate! Get a taste of locally made specialty chocolates and other confections on a guided tour through Basel.
Natural History Museum Bern
• With exhibits spanning centuries of natural history, this museum is one of the most renowned in Switzerland. The rotating exhibits of this museum will make sure that every visitor has the chance to see something that interests them.iStockphoto.com / ihsanyildizli
• Get ready for whitewater rafting thrills through rapids and water slides. Head to the Engadin Outdoor Center for an exciting family experience in the gorgeous Swiss countryside.
• You will find getting to know your llama counterparts an experience you won’t soon forget as you trek and hike through Switzerland. This is available in several parts of the country, such as the Saas Valley near Grächen.
Try Cross-country Skiing
• Switzerland is known as one of the world’s best destinations for winter sports. With skiing and snowboarding for all levels, you are sure to have fun on the slopes! In Postfach, learn cross-country skiing with an instructor from the Arosa Swiss Ski and Snowboard School.
Matterhorn Glacier Ride
• Journey up over 12,500 feet above sea level via luxurious cable cars to the Matterhorn. From there, you’ll take in views of the largest glacier in the Alps and mountains stretching from Italy, France and Switzerland, with Mont Blanc being the highlight.
Historical Canoe Tour
• Hop aboard a canoe and retrace Swiss history with a knowledgeable tour guide. The guide will bring you throughout Lake Lucerne, showing you old Swiss trading routes and the site of the Switzerland's founding.
St. Beatus Caves
• The St. Beatus Caves, located on the shores of Lake Thun, are sure to delight every adventure-goer in your family. Being one of Switzerland’s most popular destinations, the journey into the gorges and waterfalls of these caves are both exciting and safe. Here, you’ll not only find amazing natural rock formations but also the newly renovated and delicious “Stein and Sein” restaurant.
Make Your Next Trip to Switzerland with AAA
Are you ready to plan your trip to Switzerland? Or, are you interested to learn more? Contact your AAA Travel Agent today!
Travel Like an Expert with AAA and Trip Canvas
Get Ideas from the Pros
As one of the largest travel agencies in North America, we have a wealth of recommendations to share! Browse our articles and videos for inspiration, or dive right in with preplanned AAA Road Trips, cruises and vacation tours.
Build and Research Your Options
Save and organize every aspect of your trip including cruises, hotels, activities, transportation and more. Book hotels confidently using our AAA Diamond Designations and verified reviews.
Book Everything in One Place
From cruises to day tours, buy all parts of your vacation in one transaction, or work with our nationwide network of AAA Travel Agents to secure the trip of your dreams!