AAA Editor Notes
The Gamble House is at 4 Westmoreland Pl., a private road parallel to the 300 blk. of N. Orange Grove Blvd., just n. of Walnut St. The house is owned jointly by the University of Southern California School of Architecture and the City of Pasadena. Designed by renowned architects Charles and Henry Greene, this 1908 bungalow-style house features sculptured woodwork, hand-shaped beams, distinctive leaded glass and original furnishings.
Guided tours are available.